Qualcomm files new lawsuit against Apple; wants iPhone imports banned

World chipmaker Qualcomm has filed a new appeal against patent infringement against Apple, urging US authorities to ban imports of certain models of the iPhone and iPad.

According to a Fortune report Thursday Qualcomm filed a complaint with the United States International Trade Commission, accusing Apple iPhones and iPads of infringing on six of its mobile patents.

Qualcomm said that all iPhones and iPads containing chips of the mobile communication competition should be excluded from the country.

However, any decision on the ban could cover the iPhone 7, 7 More and more future iPhone would take at least 18 months to be implemented, where the iPhone 8 to come suffers no immediate threat.

Apple has responded to this by saying that the company had tried to negotiate before continuing and that Qualcomm abused its position.

“They provide us with a single component of connectivity, but for years they ask us for a percentage of the total cost of our products – effectively tax Apple’s innovation,” Forture said, citing an Apple statement.

“We deeply believe in the value of intellectual property, but we should not have to pay for technological advances that have nothing to do with it,” the statement said.

In April, Apple has stopped paying royalties to hire Qualcomm-owned phone patent makers in an “unresolved problem.”

Apple has stopped paying royalties for units sold during the March quarter.

Qualcomm is one of the world’s largest providers of mobile chips and heavily leverages its revenue from licensing this technology to hundreds of mobile phone manufacturers and others.

The US chip maker had cracked Apple to breach transactions between the two companies and called for a rejection of the January lawsuit filed against them by the iPhone maker.

Qualcomm also accused Apple of damaging its business and sought unspecified damages.

Apple sued Qualcomm in January for nearly a billion dollars in royalties, with Cupertino-based tech giant claiming that the wireless chip maker did not give fair licenses to its processor technology.

But Qualcomm has rebutted the allegations, saying that Apple had deliberately misconstrued the agreements and negotiations, and the magnitude and value of the technology they had invented, contributed and shared with all mobile device manufacturers, “thanks to our licensing program.”

(The title and image of this report may have been reworked by standard business staff, and the rest of the content is automatically generated from a syndicated feed).

Impact of Delhi’s updated land pooling policy

Impact of Delhi’s updated land pooling policy

The notification of the lieutenant governor of Delhi of 89 rural villages in urban areas has once again highlighted the land policy of Delhi land, which accumulated dust for almost two years. The Delhi Development Authority (DDA) had approved the policy during the last week of July 2013 and was then notified by the Union’s Ministry of Urban Development in September of that year. The operating rules were also approved by the ministry in May of 2015.

The dispute between the Delhi government and the PDD over certain amendments to the Sierra’s political article goes nowhere, while unscrupulous elements have announced plans and raise money from naive shoppers with the promise of a home in Delhi.

The policy in its concept is still a new idea, since it aims to solve the problems facing the nodal body in the acquisition of land in the main city, due to the weakness of the land and the increase in compensation due to increase Of the soil assessment.

The DDA has created two categories for pooling the land – over 20 hectares and the second for land between 2 and 20 hectares.

Improved land cover by 40 percent as part of this policy, compared to the existing 33 percent, is to promote private sector participation with land consolidation and development being the domain of private actors, while the PDD assumes A more important role of a facilitator.

Landowners would receive between 48 and 60 percent of the land combined for PDD development purposes instead of compensation, and they could use these developed lands in the way they want. The DDA will use the remaining part of the land combined to create the associated infrastructure, as well as for the semi public and public.

This policy is likely to lead to residential development projects in the main city, which has a housing deficit and where most housing needs are met by the DDA. This policy is likely to result in increased private participation in housing development throughout the city.

The latest modifications of the policy by the Ministry in 2015 are:

1. If the development delay of the DDA combined, a fine will be paid to the owners / farmers to 2% of the external development expenses (EDC) for the first two years and 3% for the subsequent period in case Of delay beyond the completion of the five-year project, according to the most recent date.

2. If farmers / landowners can not afford the EDC, they can give up most of the land with respect to the PDD, and in this case they will get 35 percent of the land for their use.

3. Development companies must necessarily build houses for the EWS (economically weaker), which represent 15% of the FAR well beyond what is allowed.

4. transparent system to prioritize returnable land allocation based on a computerized monthly pooling system.

5. Full use of the FAR is intended for residential purposes.

It is estimated that the policy will unlock around 20 000 to 25 000 hectares of land through Delhi, especially in towns and cities small cities on the outskirts of the city. Such development is likely to lead to good availability of residential units, which will also help control residential prices.

ED files PMLA case against Karti Chidambaram

ED files PMLA case against Karti Chidambaram

NEW DELHI: The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has filed a case of money laundering against Karti Chidambaram, son of former Finance Minister P Chidambaram and others by reading a recent FIR against CBI them.
Authorities said that the central survey agency recorded an incident fact sheet (Ecir), equivalent to the emergency service of a police FIR against the defendants named in the CBI complaint, including Karti, INX media and their directors, Pedro and Indrani Mukerjea, among others.
The ECIR was registered with the provisions of the Law on Prevention of Money Laundering (MPLA), they said.
They said that the emergency department would consider the “proceeds of crime” supposedly generated in this case and could also join the property of several defendants.
It is Ed who provided information on alleged illegal payments by INX media reports that the IWC had filed the FIR.
The CBI on Tuesday had carried out investigations in Karar homes and offices in four cities for allegedly receiving money from the Mukerjeas-owned media company to crush a tax probe.
The Chidambarams denied all charges against them.
The IWC had filed a FIR against Karti and Mukerjeas on charges of criminal conspiracy, deception, illegal settlement of influence on officials and misconduct.
It is alleged that Karti received INX Digital funds for the use of his influence to manipulate a tax probe in case of violation of the conditions of the Foreign Investment Promotion Council (FIPB) to receive Maurice investments.